VMware has released a mobile client for their newly released MyVMware page. For years one fo the biggest issues with VMware has been the confusing licensing and user management. With the release of MyVMware, many of these issues have been resolved. One thing I will enjoy is the ability to grab a license key directly from my phone when I need it. After working for a reseller and now a vendor, both big VMware partners, I often need to test software that it can be a pain to go grab a license key from the portal only to not be able to use cut and paste and have to type the key in. Now I can open my app, grab a key and still type it in, but it is much quicker. I took a few screenshots of the app and listed them below so you can get an idea what the app can do.
1. Start by logging in:
2. You then have to approve the EULA (Surprise!)
3. You will then see your profile
4. You now have to pick your folders (whatever ones you have created on the MyVMware website)
5. Once you go into the folder you can see the products under it.
6. The select the product and click next (you have to do that each time, that is kind of annoying) and you will see the license keys
Click on the power icon on the top to logout, or the gear to set your refresh and timeout time