VMware Labs relesed their latest fling this week. An appliance “that provides a simple and standardized way of measuring storage performance in a VMware vSphere virtualized environments” To help out everyone out there I did a quick screenshot walkthrough to show the install. Rather simple and if you have ever installed a .ovf you should have no problems.
Download the Fling Here
Quick Summary found Here
- File – Deploy OVF Template
- View the summary
- Select a VM Name
- Select your Cluster
- Select the datastore that you want to analyze (Make sure you put it on the one you are testing)
- Choose your disk format
- Select your network to access the manager
- Complete the install
- Add another HD to the system that is equal to 4x the memory. The default on mine was 1 GB of memory so create a 4 GB HD
- Power on the VM and Login as root : vmware. You can set the IP address here if you want
- Direct your webbrowser to the IP address from step 10.
- Select the Setup & Run Option and configure your test. Make sure to Save the Configuration so you can select it in the results.
- RUN YOU TEST 🙂
- Click the Results option to see the results.