After waiting for a few years, Nexenta has released the 4.0 version of their software defined storage solution. This long awaited release was tested more than any other release ihave seen from Nexenta. As most know I have worked for Nexenta for the last couple years and got to see testing from a QA team through sales engineering and support and some of the largest service providers. Looking forward to seeing customers running on the latest version. A community edition is out also!!!
Some of the new features of NexentaStor 4.0 are:
- Scaling to petabyte system capacities
- Seamless handling of intermittently faulty devices
- Guided wizards for system setup and configuration
- Over 50% reduction in HA failover times
- 4X faster performance
- 512GB dynamic read cache per head
- Native SMB 2.1 support
- Redesigned Auto-Sync replication
- Illumos kernel integration
- Deeper VMware, Windows, and OpenStack integration
Nexenta have been working hard to improve many areas of NexentaStor, including improving security, manageability, availability, reliability, TCO and scalability. NexentaStor 4.0 embodies all that hard work and shows particular improvement for operational performance and ease of administration.
Go see the site to get both Enterprise and Community Version