UGGHH My calendar is messed up..How to fix it.
I have hated traveling to the west coast, not because of it being the west coast. The weather is beautiful normally and people seem nice enough, but my calendars on my phone seem to be messed up all the time with the time zone changes.
I keep multiple calendars on my iPhone, my corporate exchange calendar and my GMail one being the most used. It seemed as though everytime I would travel my time zones were off but only on some appointments. I have found a few reasons for you to check. You might need to try some or all of these and depending if you have “fixed” some appointments, you may need to put them back to the original.
1. Change the time zone in Gmail.
To change the time zone associated with your Google Calendar account, just follow these steps:
- Click “Settings” at the top of any Google Calendar page.
- Select the “General” tab if it isn’t selected already.
- In the “Country” section, select your country.
- In the “Your current time zone” section, select your time zone.
- Click “Save.”
Note: When you change your time zone to EST, a meeting that is scheduled for 2 PM PST will be displayed at 5 PM EST.
2. Change the time zone in Outlook Calendar
As I got appointments in they were set with time zones already and Exchange has done a good job of changing things to make these right. However if you need to change time zones you can do it in Outlook Web Access.
- Login to your OWA
- On the top right click options – See All Options
- Click Settings on the left menu
- Click the Regional graphic at the top
- Change your time zone
- Click Save
- Go to Settings
- Select Mail,Contacts,Calendars
- Scroll to the bottom in the Calendars section
- Click Time Zone Support
- Turn off Time Zone Support
- Go to Settings
- Select General
- Select Date & Time
- Select Time Zone and set your new time zone