After picking up a bluetooth helmet for the Triumph, I decided it would be nice if I had a way to mount my phone and keep it charged. As we know when using bluetooth and GPS the battery dies very quickly. I wanted to use the iMoto App as well. I had not had much luck finding a mount that would fit really well. I did talk to the team at TELFERIZER.COM who were extrememly nice and gave me some great options. I am not very patient and figured since I found this one on Amazon i would order it and if it sucked I could always return it.
The kit is reasonably priced compared to the options out there at $60 plus shipping. I was a little disappointed it did not qualify for Prime shipping but I did find out it came from Great Britian. First off heres the link to the one I bought.Ultimate Addons Metal U-Bolt Motorcycle Bike Waterproof Tough Case Handlebar Mount for Apple iPhone 5
I chose to expedite the shipping, it seemed for an extra $10 the difference between 18-21 business days and 1-3 was worth it. And it really was 1-3. It shipped the day after I ordered it and I got it within 2 days of then. Very efficient. On tot he product.
- Nice Waterproof case
- Allows for the iphone to be plugged in while riding (more on this in the cons)
- Mounts in place of one of the screws that hole the handlebars. This was not very clear ont he amazon ad. The pictures show the ram mount style but from the description I was concerned I would get a handlebar mount which loops around the circular bar. That would not fit well on the Sprint ST.
- Clear and touch sensitive front that does not seem to add glare to the screen
- Seems to hold very securely. I did stop and go traffic and over 80 mph and it did not budge.
- It comes with a layard that I attached just as the extra level of security
- To wire in the iPhone it is a hard mount with a very large switch. I think i can hide the switch but it is not very convenient.
- To run the included iphone cable into the case, I will have to put a slight cut into the rubber casing. There is a whole but not large enough to fit the iphone adapter through.
- It will not work if your phone has a case. I just drop my case in my jacket pocket so this is not a downside for me.
Here are a few pics of it installed.
From the left showing the case and the mount near the handl
The iMoto App after a quick ride